WE LOAN You AN IPAD AT CHECK-IN. ROLLOVER TO SEE WHAT YOU'LL DO WITH IT.
During your stay at The Marlin, you will be given an iPad to use.* At The Marlin, the iPad will be your portable control system from which you will control everything electronic inside your room. Which is to say that in addition to the seemingly endless things you can do with an iPad, you can also control your rooms lighting, television, stereo and shades. To understand more about what your hotel-issued iPad controls, roll over the icons above.
*One iPad is issued per room.
All rooms at The Marlin are lit by LED lighting. Each room has different lighting zones and lighting themes. This allows you to create your own ambiance, or use one designed by us. Your iPad controls:
- Brightness of each light zone within the room (including bathroom lighting)
- Optional pre-programmed mood lighting themes automatically adjust brightness and colors of light to create ambiance
- Color of lights (LED lighting allows for different colored lighting to be used without changing bulbs)
Apple TV. Cable TV. Volume. All the things you'd need to control, right from your iPad.
- Full Apple TV control, including television, web video and movies on demand
- Full Cable TV control
- Change channels, switch between Apple TV and Cable TV, pause, rewind, fast forward
Your 100-watt, 5.1 channel surround sound stereo is fully controllable from your iPad.
- Control audio levels
- Control input source
- Select music on demand from The Marlin's music database
WINDOW SHADE CONTROL
Open. Close. From your iPad.
- From your bed
- From your couch
- From your bathroom
- From the hall
The Marlin Hotel has two cameras monitoring the activity within and outside of the hotel. One monitor, trained on The Marlin's lobby, shows the restaurant and bar area. The other, with a view of Collins Avenue outside the hotel, gives you a glimpse into the world outside. Your iPad lets you monitor either camera, at any time.